Thank you so much to Ruth at RuthsArc, who nominated me for this award. Ruth and her husband moved from the UK to Hobart, Tasmania and writes about their life and travels. Have a look and read her blog.
1.How did you get into blogging or photography?
I’ve always enjoyed writing and photography. When we moved to Dubai from South Africa in 2004 I used to write these long letters (one friend called them epistles) to our family and friends back home and since then I’ve always wanted to write more. Eventually it evolved into my blog where I write about everyday life. Photography is a hobby that I love. When we’re out and about I almost always have my camera with me and if I don’t and miss an opportunity it upsets me! The kids often get worn out by our constant stopping for yet another “photo opportunity”.
2. Where would you most like to travel to and why?
I’d love to travel to Istanbul. It has such a rich and colourful culture and history that I really want to experience. Another place is Iran, again for it’s history and also spectacular scenery. And of course there’s Europe which I haven’t seen nearly enough of.
3. What is your favourite book?
As is the case with my “favourites” I would struggle to pick one favourite book. Amongst my favourites are: “We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves” by Karen Joy Fowler, “Two Brothers” by Ben Elton, “All The Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr, “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho and on a lighter note “The Night Circus” by Erin Morgenstern.
4. When you travel to a place you have never been before, what is the first thing you like to do?
I like to get a map and orientate myself, and then start planning all the exploring I’m going to do.
5. How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots?
Because I write about everyday life events and stories it’s often the smallest thing that happens that will trigger an idea for a blog post. With photography sometimes I plan to take certain photos because I see an opportunity and then I go back at the right time to try and get that photo and at other times it’s a case of having my camera with me and spotting something at the right place at the right time.
6. How many countries have to been to?
I’ve been to South Africa, Namibia, UK, Switzerland, Gabon, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand.
7. What aspect of blogging do you love the most?
I love reading and seeing photos of other bloggers’ ideas, the blogging community and the great people I’ve met that way.
8. Where is you next travel destination to?
We’re travelling to the southwest of Australia for a camping holiday soon. We’ve got no trips further afield planned at the moment. Having family in South Africa and Namibia means that we quite often travel there and combine it with a holiday.
9. What is your favourite downtime activity?
I love gardening and reading, and both those activities are great for spending some me-time.
10. What is/are your goal(s) in life?
My first and foremost goal in life is to raise happy and well-balanced children who will go into the world with the same values and morals that we uphold, and to have a happy home where they feel safe and loved.
As for myself I would like to be able to spend the majority of my time doing the things I love: writing, reading and growing my garden.
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator, create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (Or, you can repeat the same questions.)
- Copy these rules into your post.
My nominees are:
Songs of Home – who writes about trying to slow down and reconnect.
LilePR – a Perth based food and lifestyle blogger.
Nonna and Snickers – Maureen writes about aging gracefully.
Silly Old Sod – Trev writes about the new path that life has taken him on.
The Seeker – Seeking the extraordinary in the ordinary while waiting.
- How did you get into blogging or photography?
- Where would you most like to travel to and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- When you travel to a place you have never been before, what is the first thing you like to do?
- How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots?
- How many countries have to been to?
- What aspect of blogging do you love the most?
- Where is you next travel destination to?
- What is your favorite downtime activity?
- What is/are your goal(s) in life?